How to submit new lending business to Accord Mortgages
Follow these steps to get started
Step 1 - Register with Accord
Complete your registration which is quick, easy and secure. Once you’ve finished setting up your online profile, you’ll get same day access to our new MSO system where you can:
- Immediately submit new residential business
- View Mortgage Illustrations
- View your lending decisions and Applications
Once you’ve completed the form, we’ll email you login details within 1 working day. After that you can start to submit applications.
Step 2 - Find a product
It’s easy to find the right mortgage for your clients with Accord.
If you’ve already browsed the various sourcing systems then you’ll see we’re well represented. We also provide a handy product finder for quick searching and filtering of products.
Step 3 - Get a lending decision
We’ll only carry out a soft credit check, so it won’t leave a permanent trace on your client’s credit record. Our lending decision process allows you to give us information about your client so that we can assess their affordability and provide you with a decision.
It’s key that you provide as much information as possible as this contributes to your client’s credit score and the overall decision. An ‘Accept’ lending decision is subject to:
- A satisfactory valuation of the property to be mortgaged.
- The information provided remaining unchanged.
The information provided during the full mortgage application meeting
If your decision is “Accept” or “Refer” then MSO will provide a list of documents we need to support your decision (we may ask for more).
Our lending decisions last for 30 days so you’ll need to move onto the full application within that time. After this expires, you’d need to redo the lending decision.
Step 4 - Complete the Mortgage Application
If you’ve found a product and obtained a successful lending decision, you’ll need to complete a mortgage application to reserve the product.
- Please complete in full all the questions that apply to your clients. If new information later comes to light, we may need to credit check again and recalculate affordability. This could result in a case being declined that was previously accepted.
- The application will expire either in 90 days or if cancelled by our underwriters due to inactivity (whichever is sooner). If this happens you'll need to start the entire process from the beginning, including paying fees.
Step 5 - The mortgage offer
- Within your MSO broker portal you can view the current status of your applications along with any actions or alerts associated with them.
- Updates will be provided by MSO and your Underwriter as to the progress of your client’s application and what information is required.
- The fastest way to provide documents to your Underwriter is using the document upload functionality within the MSO broker portal.
- Once we’ve reviewed the documents provided, we may have some additional questions.
- When we’ve everything we need we’ll aim to get your client’s application offered as soon as possible.
- Offers will be immediately available online within the case documents section of your client’s application and will be valid for 6 months.
Step 6 - Completion
Once funds are released and the mortgage account opens, we’ll pay any procuration fee that’s due.
- For all new residential cases, we pay a fee of 0.45% (min £200 – no max).
- For portability applications, we pay 0.3% on any top-up borrowing.
- Additionally, we also pay 0.3% (min £50 – no max) for any additional lending application and 0.3% for any product transfer.
Help & support when you need it
We’re here to help and support you and your clients, not just when you submit an application to us but all the time. Here’s some of the ways we can help:
- Your underwriter will contact you when anything changes with the case.
- We provide updated service standards on our home page to let you know our processing times for cases.
- Our sales team are on hand to answer any questions you may have about lending policy and you can always refer to your Business Development Manager to find out how they can help you develop your business.
- For quicker assistance use our Web Chat and FAQ facilities.