Guide to lending decisions
- Provide as much information as possible: it all contributes to the credit score and could make the difference between a quick "Accept" and waiting for a referral.
- We identity check your clients online.
- We check your client's credit record online.
- We aim to check and reply to referrals within 4 hours.
An Accept decision is subject to:
- A satisfactory valuation of the property to be mortgaged.
- The information provided remaining unchanged.
- The information provided during the full mortgage application meeting
What you'll need for a lending decision
- Loan amount
- Valuation / purchase price
Applicant(s) personal details
- Name, including previous / maiden surname
- Marital status and dependants
- Previous 3 years address - including length of time and residential status at each address
- Nationality / leave to remain in UK if applicable
- Date and place of birth
- Employment status and job type
- Full or part time
- Expected retirement age
- Start date with current employer
- Previous employment start and end dates if in current job for less than 3 months
- Home / work / mobile phone / email / fax
- Preferred contact method and time
- Bank accounts / credit cards
- Previous / existing mortgages - rent received and/or mortgage payments
- Income - annual basic or pension, overtime, commission
- Extra income details
- Anticipated retirement income
- Arrears / CCJs / Bankruptcy / IVAs / Defaults / Possessions
- Financial commitments e.g. loans, hire purchase, maintenance, school fees, other significant outgoings
- The more you can tell us about your client's income, the more likely we are to give you an immediate lending decision.
- We take all income sources into account, including overtime, bonus and commission.
Once you've submitted the information - you'll either get an instant Accept lending decision or the information will be referred to our underwriting team for review. Please wait to receive an Accept lending decision before completing a full mortgage application.