How we keep you and your personal information secure.
Our security promise:
- Provided you act honestly and follow our security advice, we guarantee to refund in full any money taken from your account as a result of computer crime or fraud.
What we'll do to protect you
- We will never ask you to disclose your whole password to us except when you specifically want to change it and you can only do this once you have logged into your account. When you log in or call us, we will randomly ask for three characters from your password.
- All pages that display or collect personal information are encrypted. Look for the padlock symbol in your browser status bar.
- A team of independent security experts regularly tests our website.
- We may contact you by telephone to check the details of changes you have requested online - it is important that you keep us informed if you change your number, and if possible provide more than one number on which you can be contacted.
- We do not use email to communicate confidential account information to you except where you specifically request and agree to this.
- We will verify your identity before disclosing confidential information over the telephone or re-setting your password.
- Your session will time out after a period of keyboard inactivity.
What you can do to protect yourself
- Never reveal your password to anyone or write it down.
- Do not use a password that could be easily guessed by someone else.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect someone else could know it.
- Log off from the Accord website when you have completed your transaction, and close your browser window.
- Keep your PC updated with current anti-virus software, the latest browser versions and relevant security patches/updates.
- Use a firewall to protect your PC from hacking attacks.
- Do not send us any confidential account information via email.
- Make sure we have your correct email address and check your inbox regularly for new messages.
- Beware of 'phishing' emails. If you mistakenly respond to a phishing email, tell us about it straight away.
Securing your online account
Our 3rd party security software provides you with added security when you login to our website to access your accounts.Find out more