Paying your mortgage
For most people a mortgage is the biggest financial commitment they make and also the biggest monthly payment.
Our guide page will let you know the different ways you can repay your mortgage and the other payment options available.
To find out about the flexible payment options which may be available to you, please read our Payment Options page. For information on what to do if you are having problems making your mortgage payments, visit the Trouble paying your mortgage page.
Important information: If you're a Buy to Let customer looking for further information on paying your mortgage please call us on 0345 848 0224*
How you can pay your mortgage:
This is the easiest way to make your payment and offers two main advantages:
- You don't have to remember to make your mortgage payment - we'll collect it from you through the banking system.
- If your mortgage payment changes, you don't need to tell your bank. The new amount will be collected automatically.
Simply call our friendly payments team on 0345 1200 872 and we'll set up a Direct Debit for you.
- You can call us, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, on 0345 1200 872 and pay with your debit card using our automated service: make sure you have your mortgage account number to hand.
Alternatively, our Mortgage Advisors can take your payment. You will need to call the same number between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm Saturday and Sunday.
Standing order or via online/telephone banking
If you are a residential customer, you can set up a standing order with your bank or pay through your online or telephone banking service. This is not available to Buy to Let customers.To set up a standing order use the following details:
|Account name||Accord Mortgages account holder's name|
|Account number||First 8 digits of your mortgage account number|
|Reference||Full 10 digit mortgage account number|
Please note, standing order payments can take 4 working days to reach us. You'll need to make sure that we receive all payments by your due date.
If your bank offers Faster Payments the payment will reach us the next working day. If not, allow 4 working days.
At your bank
We can provide you with giro slips to make a payment at the bank.
- Simply call 0345 1200 872 between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-1pm Saturday.
- Or you can fill in one of your own bank's giro slips, using the sort code 62-29-33 and your account number.
Please note, some banks may charge for paying this way. You'll need to make sure that we receive all payments by your due date.
- You should make your cheque payable to Accord Mortgages followed by your full name e.g.
Pay: 'Accord Mortgages - Mr & Mrs Smith'
You'll need to make sure that we receive all payments by your due date and you'll also need to write your full mortgage account number on the back of the cheque.
Please note, we charge a £12 administration fee on unpaid cheques. Your bank may also charge.