Buy to Let Packaging Guide
How to package your cases for faster processing
We understand how important it is to keep your clients happy and getting them an offer fast is just as important to us as it is to you. We’ve come up with this Buy to Let Packaging Guide to help your clients get an offer with as little fuss as possible.
Our handy tips for packaging your cases
Approval in Principle
Please complete the AIP in full – if you miss any information off this could slow down the application.
Debts & Loans
We need to know about any debts, student loans and any other financial commitments.
Your clients must have been on the electoral roll at one of the addresses on their application in the last 3 years.
Buy to Let portfolio
You should tell us about any other Buy to Let properties your client has.
We’ll instruct the valuation as soon as the valuation fee has been paid (unless you tell us otherwise).
Bank statements must show client income to support their affordability.
Your client will need 3 years residential address history in the UK.
(Employed clients only)
Your client must be in permanent employment.
Your clients income
What we need to see
- Annual income: The applicant(s) must have a separate source of sustainable income that is a minimum of £25,000 per annum, per application which is not derived from rental properties.
- Evidence: latest payslip and bank statement will be required if the applicant is a First Time Landlord or Portfolio Landlord.
- Documents: We accept online payslips and bank statements.
What we need to see
- If your client has an accountant with an accepted qualification: We’ll need the accountant’s name, address and qualification plus the latest business bank statement. If the applicant is a First Time Landlord or Portfolio Landlord then a personal bank statement will be required.
- If your client has an accountant without one of our accepted qualifications: We’ll need the accountant’s name, address and qualification plus the latest business bank statement and last 2 years SA302s. If these are online documents, supporting Tax Year Overviews are required. If the applicant is a First Time Landlord or Portfolio Landlord then the latest personal bank statement will be required.
- If you client is a Salaried Director with <25% shareholding and no dividends are being used:
- Up to 80% LTV:
- 80% LTV and over: We don't currently lend over 80% LTV on BTL
- Up to 80% LTV: latest payslip, a bank statement will be required if the applicant is a First Time Landlord or Portfolio Landlord.
- 80% LTV and over: We don't currently lend over 80% LTV on BTL products.
How to prepare your cases
Proof of residency
What we accept
- Bank or credit card statement
- Utility bill
- HMRC documentation
Please note, these can't be online documents.
Proof of identity
What we accept
- Drivers licence (full or provisional)
- Valid passport
- Foreign national's card
- Residence permit
- Signed employer ID card
- Armed forces ID
- EU member state ID card
- Firearms certificate
- HMRC tax notification
- Benefit book or letter which confirms your client’s right to benefits
If we ask for a document to be dated:
- Within the last 3 months – it should be dated before the application date
- 2 years back from the application date (self-employed clients) – it should be dated 2 years back with 3 months leeway either side of the application date.
- 3 years back from the application date (employed clients) – it should be dated 3 years back with 3 months leeway either side of the application date.