How to submit Buy to Let business to Accord Mortgages
Follow these steps to get started
Step 1 - Register with Accord BTL
We only accept business from selected lending partners so - check our Register for details and then complete our complete our online registration form to get access to illustrations, Lending Decisions and our online application. We will email login details within 1 working day. You can then start to submit your applications.
Please note, even if you are already registered to submit residential applications to Accord, you will still need to register for Buy to Let.
Step 2 - Find a product
It’s easy to find the right Buy to Let mortgage for your clients with Accord BTL.
If you’ve already browsed the various sourcing systems then you’ll see we’re well represented. We also provide a handy product finder for quick searching and filtering of products.
Step 3 – Get a lending decision
(valid for 28 days)
Our lending decision process allows you to give us information about your client so that we can assess their affordability and provide you with a decision. It’s key that you provide as much information as possible – the more information we get, the more likely we are to give an immediate decision and we’ll be able to provide you and your clients with a better service.
If the decision is ‘Accept’ we will send you a list of the minimum documents we need (we may ask for more).
Our lending decisions last for 28 days so you’ll need to move onto the full application within that time. After this expires, you’d need to redo the lending decision. If you need to obtain a new lending decision, please start a new application instead of editing your existing decision. It’s easy to do this using the ‘Copy to DIP’ option.
Step 4 – Complete the Mortgage Application
(valid for 90 days pre-offer)
If you’ve found a product and obtained a successful lending decision, you’ll need to complete a mortgage application to reserve the product.
*The application will expire in either 90 days from submission or if cancelled by an underwriter due to non-activity (whichever is sooner). If the application doesn't go to offer in this time you'll lose the product(s) selected if they've been withdrawn since application.
Step 5 - The mortgage offer
For each application your underwriter will let you know their contact details. They'll keep in touch with you about progress and let you know what documents we need.
- Once we've looked at the documents, we may have questions or need more documents for the case to become “fully packaged”.
- Valuation delays or post-valuation queries can slow us down sometimes, but we will do our utmost to act swiftly for you.
- When we've got everything we need we aim to get an offer to you within 24 to 48 hours.
- Offers are valid for six months. If the offer expires you'll need to start the whole process again, including paying any fees.
Step 6 - Completion
Once funds are released and the mortgage account opens, we’ll pay any procuration fee that’s due.
- For all new BTL cases, we pay a fee of 0.5%. Please note, if you are part of the SimplyBiz or The Mortgage Alliance (TMA), 0.45% will be paid to you (the broker) and 0.05% will be paid to your lending partner.
Help & support when you need it
We’re here to help and support you and your clients, not just when you submit an application to us but all the time. Here’s some of the ways we can help:
- We have a team of underwriters dedicated to processing each Buy to Let application from start to finish.
- To find your dedicated Business Development Manager (BDM) visit our Find your BDM page.
- Alternatively, if you want to speak to a member of the BTL processing team visit our Contact Us page.