Our remortgage conveyancer is changing
from Monday 25 March
We’re changing our provider of Free Standard Legal Remortgage services. We’ve partnered with LMS and we’ll start using them from Monday 25 March.
You may be familiar with LMS. They’re one of the biggest providers of remortgage legal services. A number of lenders in the market already use them.
Why the change?
- LMS offer a number of benefits to you and your clients:
- You’ll be able to check online, or by phone, directly to LMS on the progress of any remortgage cases you send us (where you’ve opted for our Free legal Remortgage Service)
- Your clients will receive a welcome call from LMS. They’ll introduce the conveyancing service and confirm which firm is handling your client’s case.
- During the call LMS will talk through the case with your client, passing on this information to the conveyancing firm so that they can get to work more quickly.
- Your client will have direct online access to their case, so they can check progress, send messages to their case handler and upload documentation. This reduces the reliance on you to provide updates on their case.
- LMS also have a dedicated customer service team. So your client can speak to them if their case handler isn’t available.
- Any additional costs that your client might incur are standardised across all conveyancers. And a full tariff is provided to clients at the start of the process. So there’s no nasty surprises.
What about cases I’ve already sent you?
Any remortgage applications currently being processed, where your client has opted for our Free Standard Remortgage Service, will continue to be handled by our existing provider, ULS, through to completion.
Will this affect your remortgage products?
No. Our products aren’t changing and we’ll continue to offer a range of Free Legal and Cashback options
This change will only affect our residential remortgage applications.