Back in full force
Following the re-commencement of physical valuations, Accord Mortgages has made a number of significant updates to its lending policies to help support both home buyers and owners.
As of Wednesday 20 May, the intermediary lender will accept:
- Residential house purchase and remortgage applications up to 90% LTV
- New Build purchases up to a maximum of 85% LTV
- Help to Buy applications up to 75% LTV
- A maximum property value up to £2million
- Both residential and BTL applications on flats and non-standard construction
- At present, lending in Northern Ireland is not included in these changes, and is being looked at separately
- Due to regional differences, we are currently unable to carry out physical valuations in Wales. Whilst applications will be accepted and processed as far as we can, they will then be placed on hold until a physical valuation can be completed.
Jeremy Duncombe, Director of Intermediary Distribution at Accord Mortgages, said:
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to return to as much of our pre-lockdown criteria as we can.
We know the market is keen to get back to some sort of normal as fast as possible and these are all positive steps. In these uncertain times, brokers need to have a competitive range of options to offer borrowers. There has never been a better time for advisers to demonstrate the value of good advice and offer reassurance. These changes, and our common sense underwriting approach, allow brokers to do just that.
ENDS – CVRPR50-20