Conveyancing for Buy to Let applications
For Buy to Let applications with Accord we only accept solicitor firms who are on the Accord Mortgages residential Conveyancing panel.
Acceptable solicitor firms
- Accord Buy To Let will only accept firms who are on Accord Mortgages residential Conveyancing panel and accredited under the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) maintained by the Law Society of England & Wales.
- The solicitors chosen will act on behalf of both the applicant(s) and Accord Buy to Let. We don’t offer a separate representation option.
- All legal fees and expenses incurred are the responsibility of the applicant who will need to agree terms with their chosen solicitor.
- The legal fee quoted by the solicitor will need to include the cost of the solicitor also acting for Accord Buy to Let.
The Law Society of England & Wales Quality Conveyancing Scheme
Firms are required to hold a current accreditation from the Law Society of England & Wales for Conveyancing. This is known as the Conveyancing Quality Scheme. Accredited firms will adhere to the CQS Client Charter and Conveyancing Protocol.
Should your client be unsure whether their preferred solicitor is CQS accredited, or they wish to find a firm from those in their local area which is accredited, they can search online using their postcode at the Law Society Website or for further information about the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme visit their Conveyancing Quality Scheme section.
- When completing our online mortgage application form, you’ll be prompted to enter the name and/or postcode of the firm the client wishes to act for them. Only firms on Accord Mortgages residential Conveyancing panel with current CQS accreditation will be displayed.
- If the client’s chosen solicitors are not displayed, but you believe the firm meets our criteria, please contact us
- Where the client’s chosen solicitors are CQS accredited, but are not on Accord Mortgages’ residential Conveyancing panel, they may apply for membership.
Sale/Release of part
All applications for sale/release of part will be assessed to ensure that the remaining property and land continue to represent suitable security for the loan.
This assessment may result in the following:
- Approval to proceed
- Conditional approval – with, for example, a requirement that a part or all of the sale proceeds are applied to the mortgage balance.
- A decision on whether to approve the sale/release of part to be made after a revaluation is carried out. You will have to pay the revaluation fee before the valuer can be instructed.
- We will inform you of our decision upon receipt of all paperwork and the updated valuation.